Jamaican Soursop Leaf (Annona muricata), also known as Graviola or Guanabana, is a powerful healing plant with many medicinal properties and benefits. It is deep-rooted in Jamaican folk medicine, where it is celebrated as a good "nerves" bush, for its calming effect. Recently, it has gained attention and popularity due to its natural cancer cell killing properties as it is said to treat different types of cancers including prostate, lung and breast cancers.
BENEFITS OF SOURSOP LEAF
- It is a potent immune booster, to help the body avoid dis-ease.
- Helps regulate blood pressure
- The leaf is also beneficial to diabetic patients; the nutrients in them are known to lower blood sugar levels to a normal range
- Consumption of the leaves is also known to help with the gout
- Treats back pains.
- Soursop leaves help to treat arthritis pains, eczema and rheumatism.
- Soursop leaves contain powerful healing agents that allow them to be used as an anti-seizure medication, aids in fever and blood pressure reduction. Inflammation and swollen feet is no match for these leaves!
- They also settles upset stomach and improve appetite.
- Soursop leaf consumption on a regular basis helps in improving stamina and facilitating quick recovery from dis-ease.
HOW TO MAKE SOURSOP LEAF TEA
- Add 1 cup of hot water to the whole leaves.
- Cover and steep for 5-10 minutes.
- Strain and enjoy!