Jamaican Guaco (Mikania micrantha) is a well-known herbal remedy for upper respiratory problems including colds/flu, coughs, bronchitis, asthma, allergies, etc. It is an effective natural bronchodilator, expectorant and cough suppressant to relieve upper respiratory discomfort. It is also effective at soothing sore throats, laryngitis, and reducing fever.
It is also said to be effective against:
- Various internal and external bacterial and protozoal infections
- Candida and yeast infections
- Insect bites and stings
- As an analgesic (pain-reliever) and anti-inflammatory for arthritis, rheumatism, intestinal inflammation, and ulcers.
How to prepare Guaco Tea
1. Pour boiling water over a portion of the herb
2. Cover and let steep for at least 5 minutes.
3. Strain and drink 3-4 times daily for best results.